TitleCapwell Bus Station
Area of ExpertiseCivils
Works at Capwell Bus Station consisted of;
- Demolition and removal of an existing fuelling building totalling 152m2.
- Provision of new steel framed, cladded fuelling building to provide a two lane, drive-through facility for buses.
- The demolition and replacement of diesel tankage and the provision of a new natural gas
- The demolition of existing heating oil tank and bund.
- Reconfiguration and alterations to entrance area including partial demolition and reconstruction of a limestone boundary wall and concrete ground slab, raised traffic islands, road markings and signage.
- Modifications and additions to existing surface water drainage network.
- Construction of a new security building
- Upgrade of the existing site including;
- Partial replacement of existing ground slab
- Provision of new walkways
- Road markings for designated walkways, bus and car parking and directional arrows
- External lighting
Careful consideration was given to the management of the contaminated waste removed from the site. All construction and demolition waste was carefully segregated and disposed of to a licenced waste facility.