TitleSpringville House - Design & Build
ClientCork City Coucil/Tuath Housing
Area of ExpertiseResidential
MMD Construction are the main contractor, PSCS and design lead for the works at Springville House, Blackrock. The development comprises the change of use of Springville House from a former multi-storey office building to a residential accommodation scheme.
The works include partial demolitions and construction of extensions to the north and east of the building. The project will provide 35no. residential units consisting of;
- Construction of a third floor on part of the existing office building
- 4 No. 1 bedroom single storey houses
- 13 No. 2 bedroom apartments
- 18 No. 1 bedroom apartments
- Alterations to existing car parking surface
The innovative and sustainable development, aimed at older adults wishing to right-size their accommodation requirements, will help contribute to alleviating pent up demand for housing in the city.