Senior Environmental, Health & Safety Advisor
MMD Construction are seeking to recruit a Senior Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor reporting directly to the EHS Manager. The Role of the Senior EHS Advisor will be guide, support and advise Project/Site Managers and other relevant personnel on the implementation and continuous improvement of MMD Construction systems and standards in accordance with the MMD Construction Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
- Work with Management to maintain the Company’s high Health, Safety and Environmental standards, and ensure ongoing development and implementation of improved EHS practices, policies and procedures.
- Remain abreast new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all applicable legislation
- Ability to advise on Health, Safety and Environmental issues on a day to day basis on site, attend site meetings, chair site safety meetings.
- Ability to carry out and write site inspection reports and site audit reports, deliver site inductions and toolbox talks.
- Ability to recommend to Project/Site Managers appropriate corrective actions to address risks highlighted in inspection and audit reports.
- Write, review and assess Contract Award/Pre-Construction Stage documents and Construction Management Plans.
- Write, review and assess risk assessments, method statements and advise on how risks could be reduced further.
- Comply with company ISO Management System requirements i.e. perform your work according to the Company process documents, procedures and maintaining document information/completing department forms/records as required.
- Actively participate in the promotion of health-related risks and on-site training.
- Delivery of HSE processes, procedures, standards and systems.
- Promote employee awareness/training for EHS
- Training and onboarding of staff members
- Promote a proactive HSE approach/attitude among all employees
- Delivery of safety and environmental related activities
- Other duties as assigned by senior management
- BSc in Health and Safety/Higher Diploma SHWW/ Diploma SHWW
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Publisher, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Safe Pass and Manual Handling
- Construction Experience essential
- 5 years experience essential
Competency & Behaviour
- Is pro-active and self-motivated
- Can work unsupervised
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Has excellent leadership, communication skills, interpersonal, organisational and administrative skills
Please forward your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com