Junior Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor
MMD Construction are seeking to recruit a Junior Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor. The Role of the /junior EHS Advisor will be to guide, support and advise Project/Site Managers and other relevant personnel on the implementation and continuous improvement of MMD Construction systems and standards in accordance with the MMD Construction Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Systems. The Junior EHS Advisor will receive Guidance from a Senior member of the team who will train and coach in line with best practice.
- BSc in Health and Safety/Higher Diploma SHWW/ Diploma SHWW
- Ability to advise on Health, Safety and Environmental issues on a day to day basis on site, attend site meetings, chair site safety meetings.
- Ability to carry out and write site inspection reports and site audit reports, deliver site inductions and toolbox talks.
- Ability to work with the team to recommend to Project/Site Managers appropriate corrective actions to address risks highlighted in inspection and audit reports.
- Ability to monitor Safety Training Systems and ensure Safety Training is up to date.
- Ability to write, review and assess risk assessments, method statements and advise on how risks could be reduced further.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Publisher, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 1 year experience preferable
Competency & Behaviour
- Is pro-active and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Interested in the Construction Industry
- Has excellent communication skills, interpersonal, organisational and administrative skills