This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and ambitious Contracts Manager who wants to work on exciting projects and join a growing team on a permanent basis.
- Close involvement/communication with all disciplines, Client, Architectural, Engineering and EHS Practices involved in MMD contracts.
- Develop a detailed program for works including sub-contractors and other disciplines
- Ensure that the adequate resources are available to complete the project within budget & schedule
- Responsible for the coordination of project management construction and engineering team.
- Ensuring that every member of the Project Team is aware of their roles and responsibilities associated with the project
- Be familiar with the contract, and all addendums to the contract, relevant to the project
- Communicate with company Directors on project progress.
- Sit in on pre-start meetings
- Exercise control on the financial administration of all construction work to obtain and maintain maximum cost effectiveness.
- Responsible for the development of a project risk register and recovery strategy
- Develop and track project labour and trends including weekly project indicators.
- Represent company commercial management.
- Oversee projects cost/revenue control and report performance and issue weekly reports on same.
- Responsible for developing and implementing project costs and budget.
- Management of procurement and supply chain.
- Develop and manage project communication with all stakeholders via whiteboard meetings.
- Required to represent the Company at meetings with, Clients, Subcontractors and suppliers as required.
- Lead by example in regard to safety to encourage site operatives, clients and management to buy into the company’s ethos and culture.
- Any other duties as required and as directed by the company.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- BSC Degree or higher, in Construction, Civil or Structural Engineering
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, organisational, teamwork and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and a variety of tasks at once knowledge of all legal requirements especially in regard to the engineering role and duties.
- Ability to write reports and evaluate reports.
- Initiates and takes responsibility for his / her own professional development.
- Business Systems: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Publisher, Excel and PowerPoint.