MMD Construction are seeking to recruit a number of Graduate/Junior Engineers to join the team in Cork. The ideal candidate will be an ambitious, self-motivated and enthusiastic individual and will work across all stages of a project lifecycle within our quickly expanding construction firm. Ideally candidates will have 0-2 years’ experience.
As a graduate, this role will provide expert training in an exciting and varied sector of main contracting. The successful applicant will learn and be part of our main contracting and engineering teams which carries out wide ranging projects. The successful applicant will learn document and quality control as well as practical on-site experience in all engineering elements, including site supervision and site management.
This role is a steppingstone in the advancement of your career as an engineering professional, where you will learn best practice, practical, on-site civil engineering techniques which will form the foundations of your experience and knowledge in this industry going forward. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience Engineering and Quality Management working on a range of construction projects.
- Responsible for setting out, levelling and surveying the site (using a total station and as built surveys); checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations, under the mentorship of our Senior Engineer.
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications;
- Perform site tasks, cube making, site activities logs
- Assist with the day-to-day management of the site, including assisting with the supervising and monitoring of the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors;
- Ensuring quality control is maintained;
- Produce and ensure accurate and timely reporting standards are maintained throughout the project(s).
- Assist with managing projects using engineering principles and techniques
- Producing details of specifications and outline designs
- Set laser and bench marks on site as needed
- Organise relevant documents from site as needed
- General on site paper work
- Keep diary of working tasks
- Other relevant tasks as required
- Currently undergoing BSC Degree or higher, in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, organisational, teamwork and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and a variety of tasks at once
- Ability to advise on engineering issues on a day-to-day basis on site.
- Ability to write reports and evaluate reports.
- Initiates and takes responsibility for his / her own professional development.
- Business Systems: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Publisher, Excel and PowerPoint
Please forward your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org