Latest News > Scoil Bride NS, Crossmahon
March 2013: New single storey extension and alterations at Scoil Bhride, Crossmahon National School, Crossmahon, Co. Cork
The extension comprising 4 new classrooms, 3 new special needs room and extension to the existing staffroom are much needed improvements to Crossmahon National School. Built to the highest standards to comply with the current statutory Health and Safety, Fire Safety and Building Regulations.
The Works consisted of the following:
- Connection of existing underground services.
- Careful removal and strip-out existing redundant drains and underground services that may occur below the footprint of the proposed works.
- Provision of foul and storm water drains connecting to the existing drains.
- The erection of a New Extension in masonry construction with external blockwork walls and prefabricated truss roof with insulated panel coverings to the northern side of the existing school complex.
- Alteration to the existing staffroom area connecting the new extension to the existing school.
- Installation of selected fixtures and fitted furniture.
- New surface drainage from surrounding external areas, landscaped areas, and from roof levels.
- Associated site works, including the making good of hard and soft landscaping, footpaths and kerbs, retaining walls, making good of all surfaces on completion.
- Mechanical and electrical services installations, covered under specification prepared by Matt O’Mahony Engineers.
- Structural Steel, reinforced Concrete Works, Foundations and Structural elements are covered under a separate specification prepared by Fourem Engineers.
- Provision of all WC cubicle and vanity units, fixtures and fittings in the Male and Female Toilets.
Air leakage: The air leakage specification requirement for the buildings to be at a maximum of 5m³ per hour per m² at a pressure of 50 Pascal.